Everyday, about twice a day, I take my whole first grade class to the bathroom. We always line up in girl and boys lines that way my line isnt halfway around the world. So, We get into our lines and one of my little boys (the one that gave me earings for my birthday) had a pretty little purple flower (why would a kid have a flower on the way to the bathroom?). I asked him, Erick, who is that flower for? Is it for me? The other boys replied, "No" its for Melene Valaria." Erick gets a little red on his cheeks. Then, Marcelo was like "Erick would you like me to give it to her?" Erick grins and nodds yes. Marcelo goes over to Melene as the rest of the boys are giggling. Marcelo says " Here Melene this is for you from Erick." She gives the most disgusted look and gives the flower to me. I felt bad for little Erick. Later, I talked to his mom at school about it because she is also a teacher at the school. She said that she was wondering why he had a flower because he took it from home. She definitally enjoyed the story though.
This past Monday was a rough day at school, but as the school week went on it got better and better. For some reason my students had a 180 degree turn in behavior. I believe it was from alot of prayer and faith and maybe my attitude on teaching. I am so thankful for the turn around and I hope that their behavior will continue through the rest of the year. My biggest issue now is the little first graders tattling on eachother and not speaking the most kind words to eachother. If there is any advice how to handle this that would be great!
Last night, the local youth group had a bonfire with cowboys and indians. So, my roommates and I took the opportunity to dress up as fitting. We enjoy going to these youth group things because we can socialize in spanish and hopfully learn a little more. It was a lot of fun to dress up and walk the streets of honduras. I felt like I was ready to go ride a horse!
Today we headed to Santa Rosa to visit the orphanage again. This time around one of the girls was talking to me so nicely and I was singing jesus loves me and if your are happy and you know it. Then another girl started crying so I set the girl down and she refused. I said no I need to go make sure she is okay. Then she started saying estas fea (you are ugly) to me... over and over again... than she started to hit me. Oh boy, what do you do with a little girl that doesnt understand english... how do you scold her! But then all the other kids started saying estas bonita (you are pretty). I think this girl that was calling me ugly gets herself into alot of trouble. I guess she reminds me of myself when I was younger...stubborn! :D It was another great experience at the orphanages to feed and play with the children. The people there take great care of the kids!
| This little boy is both deaf and blind. But if he every had anyone touch him he would get the BIGGEST smile on his face |
| This little boy would rock himself in his car seat as hard as he could. He has the CUTEST smile! |
No comments:
Post a Comment