Monday, November 28, 2011

I am thankful...are you?



Wow, so today is the first day I can officially say... I AM COLD! I have a desire to sit  by a fire place and roast marshmellows with my slippers on. But, I am thankful it is blizzarding with snow smacking me in the face.

Well, I had a wonderful weekend in Tegus with all the other American teachers in Honduras. It was good to forget about school for a while and to have fun with people my own age. So, early wednesday morning we up and left for Tegus with a van stuffed with about 30 people, 10 teachers and 20, 10th and 11th graders. Boy, it was quite the ride with so many students. They are a lot of fun, but it brought me back to my life as a highschooler...crazy!

When we arived to Tegus it felt like a city in the states... the roads were paved with more than one lane and many buildings. It was refreshing to be in a whole new city. After we arrived, we checked into our hotel and rushed to get ready for the jazz concert. After a long day of traveling for 6 hours many of us wanted to take a shower to get dressed up and ready. So, the hotel gave us 4 different showers to shower in for about 30 girls. But, we found ourself lost using only one shower because the other showers either didnt have water, the water was ice, or the shower didnt work.... well if you know me very well.. and know that if I dont get to shower when I was planning on it... I get a little crabby... so I was rushed and crabby... not a good combo. I guess I need to learn better patience!
Mom, this apple crisp was ALMOST as good
as your crisp....

The jazz concert was at the Abundent Life school in the church and it  was a hit and we had fun listening to the music. The concert had dancers to the music as well. It was fun to see a different variety of music.

Our wonderful hike.
We then went to bed to wake up early for breakfast at the school. We ate the tipica...which is beans, eggs, plantanes, and tortiallas. Then I got to play volleyball and basketball at the school, which I miss so dearly! Then we headed to the mall and did a little shopping. At night the rest of the teachers came into Tegus and we got ready to go to our nice Thanksgiving supper at Pastor Evelio home (he is one of the most well known people in hondurs...very wealthy and started all the Abundent Life schools). It was so nice to have a delicious meal with many friends...and my new family.

On friday morning we went out for breakfast at Mc Donalds and then went to Valle de Angeles were we got to do a lot of suvinior shopping. It was fun to walk around the city and look at many things that the people of honduras made. When we came back from shopping we got ready to go to the Twilight movie. It was nice to see a movie again, but I wasnt the BIGGEST fan of the Twilight movie, but I was thankful that I go to go.

OLIMPIA!!!
Saturday we went out for breakfast and then hit up the national park, La Tigra. It was a beautiful park with many gorgeous trees. We enjoyed our beautiful 2 hour hike an got to look at the cloud forest. When arriving back to the hotel we got ready to go to a Futbol game. Olimpia, Honduras' team was playing. It was an awesome experience to see the excitement of the fans and a great soccer team playing. Some of the players on the team played in the World Cup last year.

Then, on Sunday morning we headed back to Gracias. I am thankful to be back, but also am thankful for the fun experiance I had in Tegus.

I hope all is well in the states and that you had a thankful, thanksgiving! Continue to keep me in your prayers and I continue to learn more and more on how to teach my class in the most effective way.

*Be thankful for EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment