Well, this past week has been pretty uneventful, hence why I havent written on my blog yet. Sorry to you faithful followers (cough cough Jena!). Anyways, everyday is a surprise with my 1st graders. They have their good days and their bad days, I have my good days and my bad days. Its amazing how much sleep I have makes a different on how my day goes with my students. My lesson is learned... Get LOTS of sleep and then I am happier and my students are happier as well...Cant believe it took me 23 years to figure that one out!
| Me, looking professional at my parent/teacher meeting! |
Anyways, this past Friday we had a half of day of classes and started parent/teacher conferences at 2:30-6:00. It was definintally a very long day! But, the parents were mostly understanding and I didnt have too many complaints. Most of the parents just wanted their students grades and that was about it. I had one mother (the Espanol teacher at our school)...of my student Luis (one bright kid!) come up to me and said...my son absolutly loves you. He prays for you every single night and he prays for his classmates to...so that they will learn to obey you.... OH the beauty of a young man's prayer. My heart was touched... and to be honest the kids have become ALOT better. School is not so much of a headache but a joy. It is so fun to see these kids grow so much in the English. I also love it how these kids are beginning to learn to write. I have been trying to do more writing with them so they can learn how to read fluently and write fluently. I believe that reading and writing are one of the most important thing for these young kids. We are definitally working on it and I hope that it helps the grow to be fluent English speakers (they have already come SOO far!)
This past Saturday we decided we would go to Santa Rosa to stay in a Hotel and just get out of Gracias for a while. Nothing too exciting happend, but it was fun to get away with some of the teachers.
| Some of our new Minerva Friends |
Jena... did I read this before you??? Maybe I can now claim the title of "Most Faithful Follower" :-)
ReplyDelete