Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What? NO SCHOOL?

______Everyday here is full of the unknown. Today, my roommates and I got picked up by Don Mundo to go to school just like any other day. However, partly up the mountain we see a truck...stuck. Of course, the dirt road to school is a one lane road and if one person gets stuck we all must get stuck. Before we know it, there are many busses behind us ready to go to school... but also cannot move.

So, instead of saying NO SCHOOL, we do things Honduran Style... we take our time. After an hour or two, the principal decided that instead of taking the road... LET's try the field. So we take our bus through the field hitting every cow pie in sight!

And of course... we couldnt make it out of the field to school. So, after great planning the principal runs through the field to inform us that there will be NO SCHOOL TODAY!

The children went CRAZY! And of course all the teachers were very sad. So, being the dedicated teacher I am I decided to hike the mountain by foot to get to my classroom, so that I could get things prepared for tomorrow.
 Thus far it has not started raining today, so it lookes like we will be going to school tomorrow. What a day it will be! God bless.

1 comment: