Wow, I cannot believe that another week has gone since I've been in Honduras. I am officially a teacher now of 28 little first graders and 28 big eight graders. It is difficult to transition your attitude between the different age groups, but I am hoping I will catch on soon! I love both grades and the kids here are wonderful, but like anyone starting a a new job, it is never easy.
Being in Honduras=being laid back. Back to two and a half weeks ago the school came with us to the bank to line up a bank account...after waiting for 1 1/2 hours the bank informs us that we need a signed paper from our bank at home because they want to make sure we are able to hold a bank account...of course we were like that is ridiculus, but no big deal we dont really need an account yet. Yesterday, we rush home from school to get to the bank as early as possible before it closed at 4. We had our passportes ready and all the copies we needed. We sat at the bank and waited again for 1 1/2 hours. So, 2 1/2 weeks later, we are sitting here with no bank accounts. Luckly, we have been able to go to Santa Rosa to use an ATM to get money out. We will continue to be patient that the bank will allow us to have an account one of these days....Oh the laid back life of Honduras.
Today is going to be a day of plan, plan, planning. The school requires us to hand in our plans a week in advanced, so I am hoping to get two weeks planned this week. I will definitally be busy! Pray for me to be laid back and to stay focused in my planning sessions. Hope all is well!
No comments:
Post a Comment