Well, dont get too use to me writing on my blog all the time, but lately I have been blessed with the internet. Anyways, Yesterday I moved into my new home in Gracias. I live in a beautiful house with wonderful roommates. I am looking forward to getting to know them better. It is a struggle trying to put all my things in a place convient for me to use, but I am making due and am trying to be creative. Also, the school treated us to a nice meal and Hot Springs just down the mountain a bit. And once again, the people in Honduras are in no rush to cook the meal or feed you (the long wait for food could have been because the electricity went out for a while). The power going out is a common occurace around here. Each day I've been here it has gone out at least twice, but once again you do what you can to make it all work out.
Today I did my first round of grocery shopping. It is fun to go to the markets and get fresh produce from the Honduran people. Everyone here is so friendly and I feel very safe here.
First day of School--All I can say about the school is that it is soooo Beautiful. It is at the base of a national park and the landscaping is stunning. I am so blessed to be at a wonderful school. I met with the principal today and we talked about my duties this year at the school. I will be teaching 1st grade for most of the day and will have one period of 8th grade English each day and then coaching highschool volleyball. I will be busy, but I think it will be a lot of fun.
Thanks again for all your prayers.
So glad you're settling in! We miss you so much already but are thrilled you're getting to enjoy this experience!
ReplyDeleteAlexa has been asking for pictures of where Auntie Kiley went...perhaps posting some pictures soon would be fun -- if you want a tutorial session give us a call on skype! :)