Friday, March 9, 2012

I am getting MARRIED!

Well, first of all I apologize for not writing sooner. This past week has been a busy week at school getting grades ready for today. Now, it is Friday and I can finally breathe again.

Well, I will work my way backwards in time. Starting with this week, I had one of my kids (one of the brightest or at least knows the most English) be my partner for spelling. We would write the spelling words on eachothers hands and close our eyes to try to guess the word. Some how, who knows how, I kept getting the answer right. He then said to me, "Youre so smart miss." Oh to be smart to a first grader it was so cute. I felt brilliant! Anyways, it has been a struggle getting back into the swing of things after 10 days with Sean, but I managed and am looking forward to another week (after I plan at least). I hope I can keep my energy high and encouraging for my students (something to pray about).

Okay, now to my adventures to Roatan. On the 23 of February, Sean, Holly and Hannah (Kendall's two friends) flew into Honduras. Nerves and all they made it. Kendall and I were thrilled to finally have some visitors. We then headed off to Roatan to enjoy the beach, weather, and eachothers company. The first night we stayed in La Ceiba at a friends house and then bright and early the next mornging we headed on a boat to Roatan. Upon arriving we capture a taxi that takes us to our hotel to check it. The first day we spend on the beach and going ziplining over the beautiful moutains and trees. We have a relaxing night and Sean and I plan to go for a walk in the morning together. Unually when I woke up I was not in the mood to walk. I was hungry. Sean finally convinced me we would go for a little walk and then hit up a restuarant. (Hind-sight Kendall and her friends new exactly what was going on).

We walk on the beach for a little while enjoying eachother company and stomach growling. We get to a nice little dock overlooking the water. There Sean says to me; "Kiley I wrote you a little letter that I would love to read to you, is that okay." I was eager and excited to hear this letter because Sean doesn't usually read letters out loud to me. So he begins reading and I am just enjoying everything he is saying. Not till about the 2nd to the last second I actually realize what he is doing and I was shocked! Sean, is asking me to MARRY HIM!? I couldnt believe it! I responded with a yes still shocked. So, now I am engaged! I cannot believe that this day has finally come. You can dream of things like this, but don't know what it will be like until it happens.

Then Kendall, Hannah, and Holly join us for the celebration and act out the moment of our lives again. Sean and I then head to breakfast as we enjoy eachothers company talking about the big news. All day we celebrated our excitement, we were blessed to get to go swimming with dolphins in celabration. I cannot believe how God has made dophins such a magnificant animal. I loved having them push and pull me and I loved feeling their skin. God's creativity is beyond my imagination.

So, the following morning we headed back to Gracias. When we arrived we checked Sean into his hotel so he could finally relax. His nerves had left him and the "hard part" of the trip was over now itwas time to enjoy. On Monday, Sean came to school with me where he was a HUGE help. He helped answer questioned for the kids, graded and recorded papers, and gave me a lot of encouragement. IT was hard to go back into this week where I had to get back into my routine of answering all 28 questions at one time.

On Wednesday night (last week), we played soccer with the Minerva teachers. I just love being active and playing soccer (even if I am not very good :D). That evening we celebrated Kristi's birhtday. Her husband, Shannon, threw her a surprise birthday party at the Chinise restuarnt in Gracias. We had a great time hanging out with all the teachers.


Well, I guess this is the extent of my life in Honduras. I hope all is going well back home. Once again I am sorry that it took me so long to write on my blog, but I hope this blog is well worth it.

Thanks again for all the prayers and encouragement!


One last thing, if there is anyone who is willing to support a young girl here in Gracias to go to Abundant Life Christian School please let me know. Her name is Tania. She is in 6th grade. She comes from a home up in the mountains about a 20 minute drive from Gracias. She walks to Gracias to go to Young Peoples gatherings every Saturday. Her mom is very abusive to her both emotionally and physically (in Honduras there isnt a whole lot that gets done about abuse). Anyways, there is a family (one of my first graders parents) in Gracias who is willing to house her in the city so she doesnt need to walk by foot everywhere. I know there is a family back in the states that is paying for half of her education, but she needs the other half paid for as well as her lunches at school. If you know of anyone that would like to support or help out please let me know. Keep Tania in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating your blog. Sounds like you have had a eventful couple of weeks. Miss you and love you!

    Jena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiley - How much money are you looking for to support this student?
    Brother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spike, I found out today Tania cannot go to our school anymore. The paper work got in too late and Tegus wont let her attend. It is a bummer cuz she is not able to get into the public school anymore either because they have been in session for a month now.

      Delete