Sunday, March 18, 2012

Thank you God for this Life.

I cannot believe how fast the weeks are flying by. Another Saturday over and another day to worship and praise God today. This past week at school went well my kids are learning so much more, communicating so much better, and most of them are beginning to read. Every night, I try to send a book home with each of the kids that way they can practice reading with their mom, dad, brother, sister, grandma, or grandpa. They love being able to take the books home. At times I want to be hard on myself because these kids are not reading like the kids in the states, but I always remind myself, it is okay this is their second language, you would be the same way.

I have some of the same issues in 8th Grade. I feel like I am not being the best teacher  I can because the kids are not doing well in their Language class. But once again, most of my kids in 8th grade have known English just as long as my first graders. Many of the students have been speaking English for about 3 years, so I need to be patient. I hope  I can teach them as much as they need to know, but it is always a process.

This weekend, we made a little trip to Santa Rosa to go wedding dress shopping. It was a lot of fun to hang out with Kristi, Kendall, and Amy. Santa Rosa had two small bridal stores where the person that owned the store made all the dresses. They were all very unique and not exactly what  Iwas looking for. Nonetheless I had a great time. I guess I might need to wait till I am in the states to go dress shopping, which will be nice to go with my sisters and mom.

Anywho, not much else is going on here, I am enjoying my Sunday relaxing and hanging out with my roomamates. I hope all is going well. I hear the weather has been really nice in Iowa, so I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you God that all is going well. Continue to pray for my students and the school year. Oh, an update on Tania, she is not able to go to our school anymore because the preson that was setting up her enrollment waited too long to get her in. So, the school denied her. We can always hope and pray for a mircle will happen for her, by the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment