| With all the business of school, we still found time for pranks. A life of excitement! |
Well, this past week has been busy
preparing for final grades and upcoming parent teacher conferences this Friday.
But, none the less a well worth it week.
This past week, Shannon's
(missionary family) father died so he went back to the states for five days.
So, Kristi asked Kendall and me if we would spend the nights while her husband
was gone. We were happy to help out, but it definitely was different getting
out of my normal routine for school which made for a weekend where I could
relax and take a few naps. It was nice to stay in a home where there were
couches and purified water out of the sinks, but like they say there is no
place like home (even if I have a home that is not always put together).
Anyways, my kids are finally
learning the long vowel sounds and many words with the long vowels sounds. I am
so happy to see their progress and keep reminding myself to take the little
progress I have and be thankful for it. It would be so different if English was
the first language, but because it isn’t my patience are definitely growing. I
hope I can be that teacher for these kids that they will never forget whether
they learned the long o sound or not. I am learning to keep life in perspective
and enjoy the little moments. I do love it here and I am learning so much!
This weekend I played some soccer
with the Minerva teachers (the other bilingual school in Gracias) and then on
Sunday, believe it or not we had a super bowl party and projected the game onto
a wall outside. It was fun to hang out.
Well, another week of school is
ahead of me. I am looking forward to Wednesday because the sports teams from La
Union. I practiced with the boys’ volleyball team today so it should be
interesting how they do because some of the boys have never played volleyball
in their life, let alone a game. So, it should be interesting. It is so fun to
see the school grow as they get more sports and the students begin new things.
This Friday I have parent-teacher conferences
so please pray that all goes well and that no parents are too upset with me.
Help me to say the right words to the parents and encourage them.
Well, that’s all for today. Have a great week! Until next
time!
Where's the comments from Sean????? :)
ReplyDeleteLater! Jena