This past Saturday I went to an orphanage in Santa Rosa (1 hour away) with Kendall, Sarah, and Shannon and Kristi and family. We had a wonderful experience. Supposedly Mother Threasa was visited this orphange at one time in her life. We get there and the lady at the door told us to go visit the church near by were we would find the sister. And boy did we find the sisters. They were busy decorating the church (I do believe this was my first time ever seeing a nun). The ladies were so sweet and led us into the orphange. We walk through the front door and child after child comes running to us with their arms wide open ready to hug. All the children were so precious. This orphanage has children ages 6 months to 6 years and 38 children in all with 6 helpers. So, it is really important for people to come and even old the children because they need touch in their lives.
This video is of a young girl that I just got done feeding and she went into a nice food coma. It was really funny to see her slowly fall asleep.
The picture on the right is of one of the grave stones in the cemetary. Kendall and I have been dying to go look at all the "houses" of the people that have died. (Wierd I know, but it amazes me that they actually build a house for the person that died). In a way it is a big sad because people dont understand that concept that once we die our bodiees are lifted up into heaven. We have no place here on this earth.
And to end my wonderful week and weekend I recieved an early birthday present, card, and care package from my family and my church. It always brightens up my day (week) when I recieve something in the mail So thankyou.
I hope all is going well in the states. Love and miss you all.
Hey Kiley! Alexa thinks it's pretty cool to see pictures of herself on your blog! Glad to see you recieved them! Take care! Micah and Alexa
ReplyDelete