Hello everyone! Since I am miles away from most of you, teaching first grade in Gracias, Honduras, I thought this would be a great way to keep you all posted on my life here. I hope you all enjoy! God Bless!
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
3 day weekend=more travels
Well, I know it seems like I've been traveling a lot lately, but I am trying to untilize my breaks I have. For the month of October we had one Monday at school. Therefore, all my roommates and I took a trip to Tela.
We began our trip bright and early on the 5:00am bus to San Pedro Sula. Nearly 7 hours late we arrive in Tela. We get off the bus and ask a friendly man if we were close to our hotel. And of course he said we werre within walking distance from the hotel. We begin our walk....20 mins later we were still walking....ok thats it we were sick of traveling and sick of carring all of our back packs. Us seven girls get ourselves two taxis to get to our hotel. We decided because we usually stay in a hostel when we travel that we would get ourselves a nice hotel...let alone a resort. We got a great deal for this resort because we have Bank Atlanta cards. The sight of the hotel was jaw dropping.
We enjoyed the weekend by relaxing, swimming, playing sports, and enjoying the shows put on by the hotel. I could not have asked for a better weekend filled with fun and wonderful friends.
Other than my trips, life in Honduras is going great. I am becoming more and more comfortable here and am feeling more and more at home here. I enjoying going on walks in the city or hanging out with my roommates. We always seem to have a good time.
Volleyball is now started in school and I did not realize how much I missed volleyball until I got to coach the volleyball girls. It is different to be in a community wherre volleyball is not a big deal at all. I am use to volleyball being the main sport that girls play. But I love the volleyball players and am having funn being back into the sport again.
Teaching....I am finally as much as I can at this stage in life am getting more and more organized and ahold of teaching 1st and 8th graders. It was a hard adjustment to go from 1st to 8th and often times would call my 8th graders 1st graders in class... but I finally am getting a little grasp of the whole ordeal. It is never perfect... but Im trying!
I hope everything is going well in the states and I am grateful for all your thoughts and prayers that you all do for me.! Have a wonderful week!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment