Well, I cannot believe my time is already here to come back to the States. Kendall and I fly back to the States tomorrow where we will meet the Coon family. Then next Tuesday night I will be back into Iowa. I cannot believe that my time here is up.
Well that last couple weeks of school went well. It was really sad to say goodbye to my students. It is a wierd feeling to think I may never see these students again. I would love to in the next couple years come back and visit!
As for now, I just arrived back from my last trip in Central America. Kendall and I decided to take aroad trip to Antigua Guatemala for a few days. We loved being able to relax and enjoy the beautiful creation God has given us. Our biggest struggle was trying to figure out how much money to convert. We could use american dollars, but then found ourselves lossing a lot more money than we should. Some how, by God's grace, we made it. About two hours out of Antigua there is a Lake called Lago Atilian. We enjoyed sitting by the water and listening to the waves crash against the shore. While sitting at a coffee shop we asked that owner to tell use a little about the lake. Because this part of Guatamela is very Catholic there are 12 different pueblos around the lake. Each pueblo has one of the 12 disciples name like San Pedro, San Juan, and so on. Also, the lake is surrounded by 3 volcancos. Many years ago the volcanos errupted and the ash and rocks distroyed a Mayan comunity (which is were the lake is now). Many divers have tried to explore the ruins, but find it to be too cold near the bottom of the lake. I am always amazed at the history God had created.
Lastly, I am sitting in my hotel in San Pedro Sula excited to come home. I am so blessed to have so many prayer warrors on my experience in Honduras. It has been amazing feeling the protection and love from God through his people. God is good. Thank you for all of your love, support, and prayers.
Please pray for a safe trip back to the states. The steadfast love of the Lord never fails.
No comments:
Post a Comment