This past week of school went well. It was hard to get back into the swing of things after a long vacation, but it was great to see the kids again. Every week I have my students write their spelling words twice and then on the back of the paper they need to write me a sentence/story and draw a picture. So, Jossue wrote this sentence:
| The men dat is faver of Miss Kily is Luis an Marcelo an Ana. |
| The picture of me teaching with my three favorite students |
Also, I had chapel this week where I had to give the sermon. So, I had my kids help me where we talked about people we hope did not go to our school like Pokey Pink or Bossy Blue, or Tan Tattle, Or Yelling Yellow, or Greedy Green, Or Rudy Red. The first Graders helped me with each person and held up the faces. I then tried to tie it all into how we need to be like Tommy and Tillie Trier because they were nice (only these kind of kids go to Abundant Life), and how we need to live with the Fruit of the Spirit in our lives. I think the kids enjoyed being apart of chapel and they just love acting things out.
Yesterday, I finally caved in and got my hair cut. It has been a while since I've got it done, I believe since August. So it was due time. It cost me about $2.50. Not to bad for a nice trim. A lot of times on Sunday the teachers like to get together and do praise and worship and have a Bible Study (Kristi and Shannon were out of town). So this morning we all got together while Raquel played the guitar to sing and praise the wonderful God we serve. I love being able to sing songs in English and discussing the Bible with fellow believers.
This coming Friday my volleyball team will head to Santa Rosa to play a Bilingual school there and next week I will be gone from Tuesday-Sunday to Tegus for SAG (student anual gathering) so i need to get a lot of lessons ready for a substitute so please pray that I will keep it all in perspective and get everythign ready in time for the teacher who will teach my class.
Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. Love Kiley
Cute hair cut! Love & miss you! :)
ReplyDelete