Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hello, World

Once again I went over my week quota for writing on my blog. But, I will update you on my life now. This past week has flown by.  Last weekend the school brought us all to the capital, Tegus. We need to renew our visas. So, on Monday we sat in the immigration office for 6 hours straight. Talk about a long day sitting and waiting. But, it was nice to have the day off of school. We also were able to go see the Hunger Games in the theatre and we got to got shopping at Walmart (my 2nd home).

This past week at school has been going really well. I cannot believe that tomorrow is already Friday. I am hoping to celebrate Easter with my kids. I got them all pencils and I am going to use suckers to make it into a cross. The highschool kids are also putting on the Science fair. So, my students will be able to check out all the experiments. I feel like I had some funny stories to tell you about my kids, but for some reason I dont remember them. I guess two of my kids proposed to me by getting on their knee with a ruler held above their head. Also, for some reason, maybe it is the culture, my kids love to give me kisses. I have one student, Candido, at any opportunity, whether my hand is by him, he will kiss it or if I am talking to him, cheek, I always get a little kiss. My kids are crazy!


Anyways, this coming week is Samana Santa or Holy Week, and we have the whole week off of school. Tabitha, Amy, Kendall and I are planning on traveling to Nicaragua and then Costa Rica. We are hoping to leave bright and early Saturday morning. I am looking forward to seeing a whole new world and a new country.

I officially am coming home. I have my ticket bought to come on Tuesday the 26th of June. I cannot  believe how fast my life in Honduras has gone. But I am excited to get back home and wedding plan a bit more.

Anyways, not too much else has been going on, but I hope you all are doing well. Pray for safety as we travel long distances.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating me on your life! Have a good week off of school! Love you!

    Jena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your week off! I just told Alexa you'd be home before she turns 4 and she said "WHAT - SHOCKS!" (short in her world for SHOCKERS or SHOCKING which is pretty much "awesome" to her! She then went on to tell me that if Aunt Kiley would be home then maybe she should have a party :) LOL :) I think she (like the rest of us) misses you!

    ReplyDelete