Sunday, January 22, 2012

It has been a JOY

This past week has not always been easy, but it has been a joy. I would like to thank Dordt College for the use of their nice yellow bags. My kids love having reading books available at their desks and love their new white boards and markers inside their yellow bags. With a little creativity with shower curtian hooks and yellow bags my classroom is able to run more smoothly.

It is amazing how different each day of the week can be in a classroom. Monday and Tuesday this week were a little rough. The kids were more chatty and rowdy, but soon they calmed down throughout the week. One of the teachers from a previous year sent one of her friends to our school to visit my students and brought them some coockies. My kids were so excited to hear from one of their old teachers.

This weekend the teachers and I went out to eat at a local pulperia where the food is cheap and delicous. After the supper one of the teachers brough clue  back with her to Honduras. The first game was a flopped because Jenn guessed everything correctly on like the 3rd round. The 2nd game was a flop because the confidential envolope  did not have a person in it, but two rooms and a weapon. So, hopefully another day will be another good clue day. It is one of my favorite games so I am determined to play it again!

Saturday, I did a lot of school work and we headed off to Santa Rosa for the day. We went out to eat and I got a HUGE salad. You have no idea how much I miss my salads sometimes. I also tried this soup called Mondongo Soup (cows intestines or stomach  lining). It wouldnt be my first soup to eat but at least I can say that I tried it.  We did a little bit of grocery shopping and then headed back to Gracias.

Alone in the house, Kendall and I, were up to no good. We started brainstorming ideas of things we could do to our roommates. So, we drew a nice picture of a cockroach and taped it to their food cupboard. They have been having problems with cockroaches in tehre so we thought it would be perfect. When Jen and Jaime arrived home we we sat at the kitchen table playing the piano to the song La Cucaracha. The results were priceless. We also taped pens down to the desks (with clear tape) and other things so that when you go and grab them the person is unable to pick it up. Upon arriving home we put an open umbrella hanging from the door so when they opened the door they were hit with it (dumb I know, but what ever woorks to get a little laugh).



Today, I am headed off to the house church with Kristi and Shannon. We have been studying Romans and I am excited to learn more about what God has to say in Romans. I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! And I'll write again sooN!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I'm the first one to comment! Sounds like your up to no good! I'm glad those pranks aren't on me though. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete