Well, imagine that, I am writing to you twice this week, mainly to show you pictures of my absolutly gorgous hike up Celaque.I went with four other teachers of Abundant Life School. Celaque National Park is just located beyond our school on the mountain. We left at 8:00 this morning to go on our adventure. We hiked an hour up towards our school and then continue the hike for another 45 minutes to get to the National Park. Little did we know it would take us so long to get up to the National Park, but we were determined.

The restroom at the park.

Our first bridge we crossed.

We got to the park to begin our hike. The first part was not too bad, pretty simple, not a lot of hills. We continued on. The path got steeper and steeper. We got to our first resting point and one of the girls who was already feeling sick could not continue any longer.... So there as FOUR. We climbed more and more as it continued to get steeper. Another one of the girls was like I feel sick and feel like I cannot go any further... There was THREE. So, Tabitha, Kendall, and I continued to the top of the lookout wherre you can get a wonderful view of the large waterfall on the mountian. Celaque Mountain is known for having pumas in the forest...and I was ahead of the girls and a saw an animal that looked like a puma (or a monkey...something in the wild though :D ). Not many people believe me, but it is true. He climbed down from the tree and hid in the underbush.

Anyways, we finally made it to the look out. It was a bit of a coudy day so the waterfall was not very clear, but it was absolutly beautiful. The rain began to fall down on us in a light sprinkle. The God is good. I just cannot believe how beautiful GOd has made Honduras. There is so much to see and His beauty is never ending. On the way home, we got to the stopping point where we were to meet Jennifer and Raquel to find a nice message saying... Cold at visit center.

Not much further we see them walking under a nice umbrella together in the rain.
Exhausted and satisfied with what we saw we headed back down the mountain hoping and praying we could find ourselves a ride down the mountain. We were so thankful to see what we saw on Celaque Mountain. Our God is good! What a wonderful way to praise the Lord on a relaxing Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment